The Journey – Stories of Migration, Tales of Inclusion is about to start
After the information that “The Journey” got approved in United Kingdom, Project 2020 and YEU are happy to share and let you know that we are already working on its’ implementation. The call is being prepared so be ready for it.
But first, what is this project about?
The project is called “The Journey – Stories of Migration, Tales of Inclusion”. It aims to develop and promote a new positive narrative of inclusion, giving the chance to young Europeans and young migrants to meet and share their stories (their journeys) in order to match them with the needs of the communities they live in. More specifically, with the project we want:
- To contribute to migrants and refugees integration;
- To promote intercultural dialogue and learning;
- To promote inclusion, tolerance and mutual understanding / fight generalization, racism and stereotypes;
- To promote a change of perception towards migration and refugees;
- To analyse the migrants’ background, the migration flows and reasons behind it;
- To avoid generalization and promote “real life encounters” / to meet refugees and collect their stories;
- To raise awareness on the feelings, hopes, needs, fears, dreams, expectations, competences and skills of migrants/refugees and on their positive contribution to local communities;
- To develop strategies to match community needs and migrants’ stories.
These objectives will be reached by implementing two different and subsequent youth exchanges and connect them with some local activities (between the two activities and as a follow up after the second exchange). First youth exchange will be held in Cardiff, UK in December 2016 while second one will be held in March 2017 in Greece.
More details will be shared in the upcoming call related to the project. Therefore, stay tuned.