Terms of Reference Development of mentorship methodology call for experts
Background and context
The ECMA Project (project No.614808-EPP-1-2019-1-BE-EPPKA3-EU-YTH-TOG) is co-funded by the Education, Audiovisual and Culture Executive Agency through the Erasmus+ programme, under the call for proposals EACEA 2019 “European Youth Together” (KA3 – Support for Policy Reform). It is led by the Obessu (Organising Bureau of Students School Unions) in partnership with 10 organizations from Belgium, Italy, Poland, Ireland, Hungary, Croatia, Estonia and Germany.
The ECMA is envisioning to contribute to this aim by introducing a comprehensive mentoring programme where 20 activists in 6 countries (120 in total) of local communities (multipliers) are supported by a transnational team of 6 change ambassadors and 30 changemakers, who are well- experienced and through the project, trained in local community organising, political participation with a European perspective and mentoring.
6 change ambassadors will train 30 changemakers who will mentor 120 multipliers through a blended online and on-site methodology developed by the partnership with external experts. The methodology, implemented by the changemakers, will foresee a MOOC, national training courses, practice study visits and several international events, including a policy seminar, a European Youth Goals Ideathon and a final conference of the project. Themethodology will be piloted in Italy, Ireland, Hungary, Estonia, Croatia and Germany by the local partners of the project, and will be coordinated by 3 European level organisations, to value the approach of the project of local level, empowerment, connection to EU and participation and practice sharing.
Development of mentorship methodology
The methodology will consist of theoretical inputs and background materials on how to do a quality mentoring process, role of mentors & community leaders, community organising, leadership, theory of change, as well as specific activities, tools and methods that could be implemented with young people, as well as a set of different practices that could serve as inspiration.
To ensure this process is carried out in a quality manner, the project will subcontract an organisation that will support the consortium by giving consultancy on the design of the process, making sure that not only the vital areas for ensuring a successful community organising process are present but that the mentoring flow is built in a way that suits the long-term nature of both the implementation of mentoring and the effect of it.
The target audience for the development of the mentorship methodology are project partners organizations and experts on the topic with proven track on the topic.
Objectives and scope of methodology
The methodology aims at:
- contributing to community leadership programme that is standard and at the same time tailored to the individual needs and learning pace and expectations, with a strong focus on
- fostering discussion on the connection between local-level realities and EU values and democratic foundations in the area of mentorship.
- Fostering the participation of young people by making sure that they are included in society on 4 pillars: personal development, active participation, inclusion and community acceptance, fostering an intersectional approach to participation and social inclusion in order to achieve higher participation of under-represented groups
The experts are expected to develop the theoretical inputs and background materials on
- how to do a quality mentoring process,
- role of mentors & community leaders,
- community organising, leadership,
- theory of change,
- specific activities, tools and methods that could be implemented with young people,
- different practices that could serve as inspiration
The experts are expected to outline their approach to this ToR in their offer.
Timing and deliverables
The experts are expected to cooperate with the contractors (YEU and OBESSU) on the details of the methodology and deliver the outputs within 90 days from the beginning of the contract.
The following deliverables will be produced and transferred to YEU and OBESSU during the course of this assignment in the following timeline:
Attendance of the preparatory meeting
Draft methodology on Mentorship programme
Mentorship team composition and required competences The profile of experts:
Education Advanced degree in social sciences: public policy, economics, business, political sciences, education, law; or other areas directly related to the subject of work
Experience Minimum of 5 years of relevant experience in youth work, non-formal education and delivery of mentorship programmes; Experience in a civil society organisation or youth organisation will be considered an advantage; Experience in training and facilitation is an advantage; Proven analytical skills and ability to conceptualise and write concisely and clearly in English; Proven communication and presentation skills and ability to work in an environment requiring liaison and collaboration with multiple actors
requirements Fluency in English
Other Familiar with MS Office applications.
- Demonstrates integrity and fairness by modelling YEU and OBESSU values and ethical standards;
- Displays cultural, gender, religion, race, nationality and age sensitivity and adaptability.
- Demonstrates professional competence to meet responsibilities and post requirements and is conscientious and efficient in meeting commitments, observing deadlines and achieving results;
- Result-oriented; plans and produces quality results to meet the set goals, generates innovative and practical solutions to challenging situations;
- Communication: Excellent communication skills, including the ability to convey complex concepts and recommendations clearly;
- Teamwork: Ability to interact, establish and maintain effective working relations in a culturally diverse team;
- Ability to establish and maintain productive partnerships with regional and national partners and stakeholders.
The application needs to contain the following:
- Technical Offer:
- CV of expert(s) in case of individual application; in case of the legal entity applying, company profile including a brief description (up to 2 pages) of the company;
- Brief concept note describing the main approach, information, data sources, and tools to be employed by the expert(s) as described in the Terms of Reference;
- List of references for relevant activities implemented over the past 5 years demonstrating relevant experience in the subject matter;
• Financial Offer:
The financial offer should reflect the following:
All figures should be expressed in EUR
The maximum threshold for this assignment should not exceed EUR 2500 Timeline of payments will be arranged with the selected expert(s).
Proposal submission: Please send your offers to email email@example.com no later than March 25th 2020.