Social Erasmus plus project - call for trainers!
The project Social Erasmus+ aims to correspond to the Modernisation Agenda priority “breaking down the barriers between higher education and the 'outside world' in local communities” and the expected outcome is “Building synergies among existing local activities facilitating the integration of Erasmus+ and other incoming students in the receiving country's local community, such as engagement in social activities, to foster further cooperation and impact”.
While the barriers between Higher Education Institutions (HEI) and the 'outside world' seem very large in some parts of Europe, there are lots of international students who, during their stay abroad, want nothing more than to interact with the local community.
This project will therefore build on the SocialErasmus project, carried out by various local sections of the Erasmus Student Network (ESN). In particular, the project will focus on the activities called Erasmus in Schools (https://socialerasmus.esn.org/?q=activities/Education), in which international students all over Europe go out to classrooms and organize presentations/workshops/activities in schools.
YEU is responsible for the Multipliers Trainings (4 in total). As set by the project, there is a set of two Training to be implemented on 17-23/09/18 and 23-29/09/18 September 2018 and a set of two Trainings at the beginning of February 2019(Dates to be confirmed).
Within Social Erasmus+, the multipliers trainings will focus on:
- Creating multipliers that can disseminate the work and value of Social Erasmus program – Erasmus in Schools;
- Developing capacities to prepare, implement and follow up local small-scale activities with international volunteers and school students;
- Raise awareness on intercultural dialogue, intercultural understanding and the importance of the cultural heritage of different countries.
Moreover, the trainings should:
- Build capacities in running local workshops, supporting the development of skills to local volunteers, on the basis of the Multiplier Trainings;
- Support the participants to come up with quality content and an action plan in order to apply local Social Erasmus activities;
- Build a know-how in relevance to small-scale activities that can have an impact and make people think about what they learned;
- Create multipliers in order to “spread the word”, share the knowledge gained through the process and support other volunteers.
- At least 20 young volunteers from around Europe empowered to implement and promote Social Erasmus+ - Erasmus in Schools;
- Map and promote the impact of volunteering during mobility of Students.
-ESN volunteers (at least 20 per training) with certain experience on the framework of Social Erasmus;
- HEI staff and Academics (at least 5 per training) working with International/Erasmus Students.
ESN will be responsible for the call of Participants, while the their selection will be done by the Steering Committee. The participants will be members of ESN, including 5 University staff members and Academics (in total) per Training.
Activities as set by the Project:
- First Set of Multipliers Training:
The 2 first Trainings will take place in Crnomelj, Slovenia, small community with youth centre that supports disadvantaged young people through a social enterprise.
Venue: Crnomelj, Slovenia
Dates: 17-29th April (including travel days):
=> 1st Training: 17-23/09/18;
=> 2nd Training: 23-29/09/18
Number of Working days: 12
- Second Set of Multipliers Training:
Venue: Slovakia or Poland (to be confirmed)
Dates: 01/02-13/02/2019 (to be confirmed)
=> 1st Training: 01-07/02/19;
=> 2nd Training: 07-13/09/18.
Number of working days: 12
We are looking for 3 trainers to be part of the TEAM of this multiplier training.
- Trainers` and organizers` profile
(Priority will be given to those that most closely meet these criteria and to members of the YEU PET):
o Have knowledge and experience on topics covered by the training (for trainers);
o Are willing to collaborate and work for the benefit of the project with respect of deadlines set by YEU;
o Senior trainers need to be able and ready to mentor junior trainer;
o Are proficient users of English language.
- Responsibilities of the Trainers:
o To participate and have regular online meetings with other trainers and the project coordinator in order to plan the trainings;
o To develop the latest version of the daily programme as set by the project timeline;
o To develop the relevant session outlines as set by the project timeline;
o To be present at the trainings and implement their tasks in a collective
o To have daily evaluation with the project coordinator during the training;
o To prepare a final report which needs to be submitted to the project coordinator latest 3 weeks after the training;
o Senior trainers need to provide support to junior trainer and work on them on development of their skills during the preparation and in the training providing them with relevant learning experience;
o To follow up process and plan as set with Team, participants and Project Coordinator;
o To closely follow up the developments within the process and to be responsible for the expected outcomes as set by Project.
o Fee for senior trainer is 150 EUR per day, gross amount;
- Working Days:
o Number of working days is 12. Team should be available for 1 day preparation meeting prior to the activity;
o Travel costs within travel costs limits and visa costs (if any) are covered by YEU 100%.
If selected, all the details including YEU Golden rules, junior support, deadlines, tasks and conditions will be stated in the contract between trainers/organizer and YEU.
If interested, please apply here no later than June 3rd 2018 (23:59 CET). Selection results will be communicated to applicants, no later than June 8th 2018.
YEU is an inclusive organization with specific policies related to gender perspective and we aim at having our events as safe places for everybody to be who they are and freely express their identities.