Joining hands is done but we continue the journey!
"Joining Hands" or in full title "JOINING HANDS for smart, sustainable and inclusive growth" has been funded within Youth in Action programme, Action 4.6 – Partnerships. This project had as an aim to create a sustainable network of partners who will collaborate in order to spread, support, reinforce and advocate for the concept of youth social entrepreneurship as a means of sustainable development on local and European level. The network of partners includes different stake-holders, youth NGOs, local authorities and social enterprises which worked as the initiators and multipliers of social entrepreneurship among the youth they worked with.
More specifically, its' objectives were to:
• To explore current situation regarding financial crisis, youth unemployment and social complications and track relevant problems/deficiencies/shortages
• To search the legal framework of youth social entrepreneurship in partner countries
• To explore the concept of sustainable development and its dimensions (economic, environmental, social - which are in line with the Europe 2020 priorities for smart, sustainable and inclusive growth)
• To create a strong and sustainable network of partners and associated partners
• To train youth on social entrepreneurship concept and principles
• To raise awareness about the need for a smart, sustainable and inclusive growth to the wider public
• To promote and advocate about youth social entrepreneurship on local and European level
• To increase the knowledge, skills and capacities of the partners to continue supporting youth entrepreneurs even after the project is over.
Now the project is finalized, but our journey hasn't finished as YEU will continue working on these topics. Meanwhile, you can check the Manual we have developed as part of the project in the project platfom HERE.