From Brussels to Beirut - YEU policy update and representation
As it is vital to share important publications and policy information, please take a look on a set of interesting material related to Youth.
- Council of Europe:
- European Youth Forum:
- Shadow Report on the Mid-Term Evaluation of Erasmus+ Youth Chapter (publication)
- European Parliament:
- Committee on Cultrure and Education (CULT) on the implementation of the post-2018 European Union Youth Strategy (draft report).
Take a look at activities that YEU was part extending from Brussels (Belgium) to Beirut (Lebanon).
- European Qualification Framework (EQF)- 10th Anniversary:
On 15-16 March the European Commission organised the 10th anniversary Conference of the European Qualifications Framework. Panagiotis Chazimichail took part representating YEU, following up on the relation of the EQF and Validation of Non Formal and Informal Learning (VNFIL). The main theme of the conference was how to support learning, work and cross-border mobility bringing together over 400 participants. YEU was together with LLLP and other members of the Platform like EAEA, EUCEN, SOLIDAR, ESU and EfVET.
- “Is perception of migrants shaping mainstream policies in Europe?”:
On the 27th of March 2018, Paco - YEU intern, joing the open debate “Is perception of migrants shaping mainstream policies in Europe?” which took place at the European Parliament. The debate covered the topic of migration in Europe and how media treats them.
The process was separated in three sections:
- New forms of european citizenship in migration area;
- Experiences about media and fake news in our our society, in relation to "Refugees";
- Role of the media and journalists in our society
- "Arab Youth Advocating for Gender Equality and Women’s Rights" UNESCO Regional Training:
From 27th to 29th of March, YEU was present in the workshop organised by Regional Unesco Office in Beirut. The UNESCO Regional Training "Arab Youth Advocating for Gender Equality and Women’s Rights" focused on building capacities and partnerships which can benefit both Civil Society Organisations and local communities. Through this 3 days workshop, Panagiotis Chatzimichail and other participants had an opportunity to learn about previous processes, campaings and adovcacy on the issue of Gender Based Violence.
Stay tuned for more on YEU representation
YEU Policy Officer