Exuse me is this hate yours DOCUMENTARY is out!
Remember our one year project "Exuse me, is this hate yours"?
YEU gathered 30 young people from 14 different (post)conflict countries: Armenia, Azerbaijan, Turkey, Cyprus, Greece, FYROM/Macedonia, Serbia, Kosovo*, Croatia, Bosnia and Herzegovina, Russia, Ukraine, Lithuania and Netherlands with an aim to develop capacities of youth to act as multipliers in their local communities in processes of peace building, intercultural dialogue and struggle against all forms of hate speech in neighbouring regions.
Through a one year process YEU was working on:
- promotion of cooperation between youth activists from (post)conflict areas to improve intercultural dialogue and respect for the differences of Others,
- promoting theatre as creative method for combating hate speech situations among youth
- motivation of young people to act as role-models for neighbourhood/regional cooperation.
Tour of Tolerance around Balkan was the final stage of the project where participants presented their work through theater play. They travelled all together for two weeks to Pristina, Kumanovo, Leskovac, Sarajevo, Banja Luka and Novi Sad in October 2015. By acting they affected the emotions of audience, but by including them in play they influenced their attitudes as well. Through methodology of forum theater, story they were presenting was changing as they were changing the cities. Check the video here and dont forget to leave comments!
And some food for thoughts at the end...
- We are taught that peace is our right and that we have to protect it. But if it needs to be protected, that means peace is not granted. We need to work for it every single day. Every day realities teach us how fragile it is.
- We are taught how different we are and that differences are the ones that make us better than the others. But we all love and laugh. Care about our families and build friendships based on similarities. Isn’t that enough for the beginning?
- Freedom to love and live the life as you want it to be is the ultimate aim of humanity. And each of us at the same time. For many it is still a luxury.
- Hiding your love hurts. How it would be if we would all have enough courage to love freely?
- Love brings peace. Peace of mind and peace in the heart. We all need to love and to be loved. If one is happy, one can build a better society.