European Action Week against Racism E-WAR
European Action Week against Racism (E-WAR) created by No Hate Speech Movement just finished! No hate speech movement is a team of young people who are fighting for human rights, trying to combat discrimination, racism, online violence…
Action week started on 21st March, a year after establishing this movement and it lasted untill 28th March.
So what did they do?
- They have collected interesting facts about racism like the one that racism is tracked back to 13-14 century at the beginning of colonization era and persecuting Jews in Europe. Read them all here.
- Are you a racist? Test yourselve here.
- They have gathered informations about discrimination in countries throughout Europe. Did you know that in Romania the most vulnerable groups are Roma people, Jewish people, Hungarians and LGBT communities?
- There was round table organized on the issue of antygypsysm and hate speech. The round table was featured by young representatives of the No Hate Speech Movement in Hungary. Together with audience, they explored practices and challenges in youth activism against racism, discrimination and hate speech. You could watch it live and if you`ve missed it here.
- They promoted fascinating blog post worth of reading "Meeting the boy who attacked" where Una Kavanagh describes first meeting with the guy after he attacked her. Read this whole post and the rest of them here.
- They organized online exhibition of posters about racism. Theme was “I am not racist, but…?”. Everybody could join by creating a meme or an image with their message to make people think. Look at the best photos.
- You could report cases of racism and discrimination on their site.
This is only part of their actions and plans, soon we can expect videos where we can hear stories of young people how they were discriminated. This movement surely made people think and consider about changing their attitudes about racism and discrimination. Follow, support and promote this movement.