So these are the news you all have been waiting for! Let’s welcome the ERASMUS + programme! It’s time to get prepared because this programme will be here from 2014 to 2020!
This Programme will cover all Education, training and Youth sectors, and moreover, it will include the Sport sector.
ERASMUS + takes the Lifelong Learning Programmes (LLP’s), the Internal Higher Education Programmes (ERASMUS Mundus, Tempus, etc) and the Youth in Action programme and gives us 3 newly improved Key Actions (KA’s) regarding Youth:
KA1: Learning Mobility of Individuals (Young people and Youth workers):
- Youth Exchanges;
- European Voluntary Service;
- Structured courses: training courses, contact-making events and study visits;
- Job shadowing or observation period (youth organizations, education and training institutions, companies, etc);
- Mobility projects submitted by national/regional public bodies and by organizations active in Corporate social Responsibility;
- Large Scale European Voluntary Service.
KA2: Cooperation for innovation and exchange of Good practices – Strategic Partnerships:
-Strengthened cross-sector cooperation between organizations for exchanges of practice;
- Development, testing and/or implementation of innovative practices in the field of youth, education and training;
- Validation of the competences acquired through non-formal and informal learning at national level by referencing them to EU frameworks and using EU documentation instruments (such as Europass and Youthpass);
- Cooperation between regional authorities to promote the development of education, training and youth systems and their integration in actions of local and regional development;
- Transnational initiatives fostering entrepreneurial mind-sets and skills, to encourage active citizenship and new social enterprise creation;
KA3: Support for Policy Reform.
And of course, if after this, you still want to know more, you can download the Programme Guide here.