YEU Developing YOU - Call for trainers
Everybody nowadays speaks about the importance of developing your own skills and becoming an entrepreneur and developing your autonomy in the society. This is your chance to work on this, while combating exclusion in your local community! Before your decision, let us introduce you to the project:
Dates: 1st-7th of April 2014 (arrival: 30th March and departure 8th April)
Place: Rome, Italy
Organiser: Youth for Exchange and Understanding
Who is involved: 30 young people
Eligible Countries: All countries members of Council of Europe
Summary of the project
The activity “Transforming problems into solutions; developing social entrepreneurship skills for supporting young’s people autonomy and combating exclusion” is consisted of a 7days training course which will take place in Italy, in April 2014. The training course will target unemployed young people from all over Europe and neighbouring countries and will enhance their skills regarding social entrepreneurship as a means to transit to labour market and solve social problems.
Observing the region of Europe, two major problems are encountered among young people: a high rate of educated but unemployed youth and on the other hand social exclusion, discrimination and lack of access to human rights threatens society and especially vulnerable groups.
The proposed training course intends to combine these two problems and transform them into the solution; social entrepreneurship.
The main objectives are:
- To explore current situation regarding unemployment and social exclusion and the link between them;
- To work with the social entrepreneurship principles;
- To create the strategic plan of their social entrepreneurship initiative.
During the 7-days training course, the project team will use non formal education methods to achieve the 3 concrete objectives and the aim stated in the previous section. Trainers will engage participants to link the problems of youth unemployment and social exclusion through interactive activities. They will encourage participants to transform these problems into a solution, going through the social entrepreneurship principals with experiential methods. Trainers will also support participants to create their own strategic plan.
Accommodation and Finances
Youth for Exchange and Understanding will cover all costs related to accommodation, and 100% of travel costs (cheapest way) from the resident country. 100% of the visa costs will be reimbursed. The Trainers are obliged to have receipts of the tickets, boarding passes and invoices of the credit card that was used for buying the tickets for online payments. All Trainers will be reimbursed after the event by bank transfer.
Profile of the Trainers
(priority will be given to those that most closely meet this criteria and to members of the YEU PET):
- Have knowledge on topics covered by the training;
- Have a previous experience on the topics covered by this training;
- Are willing to collaborate and work for the benefit of the project;
- Are proficient users of English language;
- Members of YEU PET will have a priority.
YEU is looking for 2 senior and 1 junior trainer.
Senior trainers will be paid 150 EUR gross per day (7 working days) and junior trainers will receive 30 EUR gross per day.
Responsibilities of the Trainers
- To have regular online meetings with other trainers and the project coordinator in order to plan the Training;
- To develop the latest version of the daily programme latest 2 weeks before the Training;
- To develop the relevant session outlines latest 2 weeks before the Training;
- To be present at the Training and implement their tasks in a collective way;
- To have a daily evaluation with the project coordinator during the Training;
- To prepare a final report which needs to be submitted to the project coordinator latest 3 weeks after the Training;
- To follow up on the finalization of the publication which needs to be finalized latest 1 month after the Training.
- Senior trainers need to provide support to junior trainer and work on them on development of their skills during the preparation and in the training providing them with relevant learning experience.
How to apply?
In order to apply, you just need to fill out the application form until February 10th 2014 23:59 CET.
If you have any questions, please, send an e mail to firstname.lastname@example.org
All the best,
Youth for Exchange and Understanding
With the support of the Council of Europe