Training Course - Social entrepreneurship for sustainable growth - CALL FOR TRAINERS
Economic crisis, poverty, youth unemployment, social exclusion, discrimination, human rights’ violations” are words that we hear almost every day. In this discouraging context, YEU invites youth to JOIN HANDS, inspire change and refine the existing situation! You are welcome to be trainers in this process.
Title: Training course (TC) “Social entrepreneurship for sustainable growth”
Dates: October 25th-November 3rd 2015
Place: Belgium and surroundings
Number of participants: 22
Countries: Belgium, Cyprus, Greece, Italy, Portugal
Youth for Exchange and Understanding (YEU) is an International Non-Governmental Youth Organization established in 1986 and member of the European Youth Forum in Brussels as an INGYO. YEU looks forward to increase tolerance and awareness between different countries, cultures and traditions, and to promote a greater level of comprehension through the development of various youth activities. The main aim of YEU is to promote peace, understanding and co-operation between the young people of the world, in a spirit of respect for human rights. YEU is a non-profit making, interdenominational youth organization independent of all political affiliation, run by young people for young people by means of a democratic structure. Visit our website for more details about YEU: www.yeu-international.org
As a result of the financial crisis encountered in Europe the rate of unemployment increases rapidly. Social complications, exclusion, discrimination and human rights violations, threaten vulnerable groups and youth. In an attempt to face the problem, several measures are undertaken but usually focus on the effects and not the roots of the problem. YEU, traditionally close to youth and their needs, believes that now more than ever is the right moment to act, JOIN HANDS and support youth. The aim of the project is to create a strong partnership which supports and reinforces the concept of youth social entrepreneurship as a means of smart, sustainable and inclusive growth as described in the Europe 2020 Strategy. Youth social entrepreneurship is the method of pursuing innovative solutions to social problems. It fosters wealth for society as a whole, contributes to community development, supports environmental sustainability and produces social capital.
The long term project idea
The training course “Social entrepreneurship for sustainable growth” is a part of the long term project called “JOINING HANDS for a smart, sustainable and inclusive growth”. The aim of this project is to create a sustainable network of partners who will collaborate in order to spread, support, reinforce and advocate for the concept of youth social entrepreneurship as a means of sustainable development on local and European level. The network of partners will include different stake holders, youth NGOs, local authorities and social enterprises which will work as the initiators and multipliers of social entrepreneurship among the youth they work with.
The specific objectives of the project are:
• To explore current situation regarding financial crisis, youth unemployment and social complications and track relevant problems/deficiencies/shortages
• To search the legal framework of youth social entrepreneurship in partner countries
• To explore the concept of sustainable development and its dimensions (economic, environmental, social - which are in line with the Europe 2020 priorities for smart, sustainable and inclusive growth)
• To create a strong and sustainable network of partners and associated partners
• To train youth on social entrepreneurship concept and principles
• To raise awareness about the need for a smart, sustainable and inclusive growth to the wider public
• To promote and advocate about youth social entrepreneurship on local and European level
• To increase the knowledge, skills and capacities of the partners to continue supporting youth entrepreneurs even after the project is over.
The idea of the training course “Joining hands- Social entrepreneurship for sustainable growth”
The training course (TC) “Social entrepreneurship for sustainable growth” will gather together youth in order to explore the principles of social entrepreneurship, paying special attention to the environmental aspect of social entrepreneurship.
This means the participants will explore ways on how to sustainably use the environment for the benefit of the society promoting a more resource efficient, greener and more competitive economy. Again participants will develop their action plan for setting up their own social enterprise. “Steps towards youth social sustainability” that addresses the topic of this particular TC. Participants from associated partners are encouraged to participate in the activity too, always giving priority to unemployed youth and youth with fewer opportunities.
The event will be based on non-formal education methods, encouraging active participation of young people involved. Some of the methods used will be the following:
• Ice-breakers, energisers.
• Inputs from experts
• Intercultural and experiential learning
• Variety of visuals for thematic input
• Brainstorming and discussions both in working groups and in plenary
The working language of the training course and the partnership building activity will be English.
Fee for senior trainer is 150 EUR per day, gross amount. Fee for junior trainer is 30 EUR per day, gross amount. If selected, all the details including YEU Golden rules, junior support, deadlines, tasks and conditions will be stated in the contract between trainers/organizer and YEU.
Youth for Exchange and Understanding will cover 100% of travel costs (cheapest way) from the resident country. The food and lodging cost will be covered by YEU. 100% of the visa costs will be reimbursed. Trainers are obliged to have receipts of the tickets, boarding passes and invoices of the credit card that was used for buying the tickets for online payments. All Trainers will be reimbursed after the event by bank transfer.
Profile of the Trainers
(Priority will be given to those that most closely meet this criteria and to members of the YEU PET):
• Have knowledge on topics covered by the training;
• Have a previous experience on the topics covered by this training;
• Are willing to collaborate and work for the benefit of the project;
• Are proficient users of English language;
YEU is looking for 1 senior and 1 junior trainer.
Responsibilities of the Trainers
• To have regular online meetings with other trainers and the project coordinator in order to plan the Training;
• To develop the latest version of the daily programme latest 2 weeks before the Training;
• To develop the relevant session outlines latest 2 weeks before the Training;
• To be present at the Training and implement their tasks in a collective way;
• To have a daily evaluation with the project coordinator during the Training;
• To prepare a final report which needs to be submitted to the project coordinator latest 1 month after the Training;
• To prepare the relevant chapter of the publication which will be entitled "Steps towards youth environmental sustainability"
• Senior trainer needs to provide support to junior trainer and work on development of junior’s skills during the preparation and in the training providing with relevant learning experience.
Interested? Apply here!