Training Course Enter the net-Digital competences of organizations - CALL FOR TRAINERS/ORGANIZER
YEU is opening a call for 2 senior trainers, 1 junior trainer and 1 organizer who will contribute to the realization of the training course “Enter the net!” which aims to build the digital competences of youth organizations.
Particularly, the objectives of the project are the following:
- Identify the current shortages in using ICT (Information and Communication Technology) and OER (Open Education Resources) in youth organizations
- Foster awareness about ICT, OER and Internet Governance
- Identify potential challenges when using ICT and OER, especially under the internet governance spectrum
- Encourage the usage of ICT and OER and develop relevant skills
- Raise the quality of learning of young people by using ICT and OER
- Develop a publication with key definitions and a set of tools/methods/tips that can be used by youth workers
Activity : Training course “Digital competences in the daily life of the organization”
Dates: 20-28 of September 2015
Venue: Mollina, Spain
Coutries involved: involve Belgium, Bosnia&Herzegovina, Cyprus, Egypt, FYROM/Macedonia, Lithuania, Netherlands, Serbia and Spain.
The project targets youth workers and particularly 2 main groups of youth workers
- youth trainers (people who facilitate the learning process of young people).
- youth organizers/managers (people who are responsible for the coordination of the activities of the organization, the communication, the daily tasks, the practical arrangements, etc).
Objectives of this activity are:
• To underline the importance of using ICT and OER on a daily basis in the work of the youth organization (when attracting new members, when coordinating projects, when managing logistical and practical issues, when networking and communicating)
• To raise awareness about ICT, OER and Internet Governance
• To encourage the use of ICT and OER in the daily work of the organization
• To develop tools/methods/tips to work with ICT and OER in the daily life of the organization
During all the activities, non-formal education methods will be used in order to ensure the active participation of the youth workers involved. The use of non-formal education will enable participants to get the chance to know each other, cooperate and share information. The working methods will stimulate participants’ personal, socio-educational and professional growth.
The project will lead to the following results:
1) The youth workers (and therefore the youth organizations) will acquire all the necessary digital competences related to using ICT and OER
2) Follow-up action plans for all participants of the project which will include actions/workshops/activities in order to start putting in practise their competences gained
3) An online publication with key definitions and a set of tools/methods/tips that can be used by youth workers (trainers&organizers)
The training course will be based on the principles of experiential learning, self-directed learning and non-formal education. Non-formal education has a participative and learner-centred approach, it is carried out by learners on a voluntary basis and therefore it is closely linked to participants’ needs, aspirations and interests. Non-formal education is based on the Kolb’s cycle of experiential learning in which participants’ experience is facilitated by the trainers in order to lead to learning. The trainers of this training course should provide to the participants a wide arsenal of non-formal education tools such as role-plays, brainstorming, group work, simulations, theoretical inputs, discussion methods etc. All these non-formal education methods will be used in order to ensure the active participation of the youth workers involved. The use of non-formal education will enable participants to get the chance to know each other, cooperate and share information. The working methods will stimulate participants’ personal, socio-educational and professional growth.
Responsibilities of the Trainers:
• To have regular online meetings with other trainers and the project coordinator in order to plan the trainings;
• To develop the latest version of the daily programme latest 2 weeks before the trainings;
• To develop the relevant session outlines latest 2 weeks before the trainings;
• To be present at the trainings and implement their tasks in a collective way;
• To have daily evaluation with the project coordinator during the training;
• To prepare a final report which needs to be submitted to the project coordinator latest 3 weeks after the training
• To prepare and finalize the publication in cooperation with YEU office and submit it to the project coordinator within agreed deadline
• Senior trainers need to provide support to junior trainer and work on them on development of their skills during the preparation and in the training providing them with relevant learning experience.
Responsibilities of the Organizer:
• communicate with YEU project coordinator on regular basis regarding details of the Programme
• communicate with partner organizations regarding selection of participants and their attendance
• take care of all logistical issues and work closely with YEU project coordinator on details
• take care of visibility of the events/Programme together with YEU project coordinator
Fee for senior trainer is 100 EUR per day, gross amount. Fee for junior trainer is 30 EUR per day, gross amount. Fee for organizer is 60 EUR per day, gross amount. If selected, all the details including YEU Golden rules, junior support, deadlines, tasks and conditions will be stated in the contract between trainers/organizer and YEU. Travel costs within travel costs limits and visa costs (if any) are covered by YEU 100%.
Selection criteria:Trainers` and organizers` profile (Priority will be given to those that most closely meet these criteria and to members of the YEU PET):
• Have knowledge and experience on topics covered by the training (for trainers);
• Have experience in organizing international youth events (for organizers);
• Are willing to collaborate and work for the benefit of the project with respect of deadlines set by YEU
• Senior trainers need to be able and ready to mentor junior trainer
• Are proficient users of English language
Enter the net as part of University on Youth and Development
Enter the net training course will be held in the scope of University on Youth and Development (UYD) which is gathering around 300 participants from all parts of the world to discuss different, youth related issues together.
The UYD is an activity organised by the North - South Centre of the Council of Europe (NSC) in partnership with the Spanish Government (INJUVE), the European Youth Forum (YFJ), the Spanish Youth Council (CJE), the Latin American Youth Forum (FLAJ) and other international youth organisations and youth serving organisations. Since its first edition in 2000, the University takes place once a year bringing together representatives of youth organisations and youth movements from all over the world who gather in CEULAJ (Euro-Latin-American Youth Centre) to discuss, train and be trained as well as to take political action around the main issues on the global agenda.
The University is the oldest sister of the Network of Universities on Youth and Global Citizenship (together with the 3 others that have been organised in Tunisia, Cape Verde and Uruguay) that is facilitated by NSC.
In 2015, the University on Youth and Development will celebrate its 16th edition, under the joint theme “Youth.org: Actors for Change!” and renewed hopes and aspirations, objectives and challenges are shared between partners to reinforce this space as the home of the Global Education and of the Global Youth Movement. The overall objectives of the UYD are to promote youth work development and youth participation as well as political mainstreaming of the youth related issues and youth policy development; to reinforce capacity-building of civil society organisations; to foster youth cooperation and Global Youth Work; and to promote human rights, intercultural dialogue and democratic citizenship as essential dimensions of global education.
Coutries involved: Belgium, Bosnia&Herzegovina, Cyprus, Egypt, FYROM/Macedonia, Lithuania, Netherlands, Serbia, Portugal, Poland and Spain.
Call is open also for other YEU Member Organizations within certain travel costs limits! Feel free to apply! If you want to know your travel costs limits, contact YEU Administrative office.
Interested? Apply here!