Call for YEU Working Groups members
As part of the YEU Strategic Plan 2015-2017, YEU Workplan 2016 and commitment and need of current Governing Board (GB) to broaden and intensify the involvement of a greater number of people with the core work of YEU, five (5) working groups being established or continuing their work with specific tasks and we are looking for people who want to contribute to development of YEU.
GB strongly believes in the importance of your participation for bringing the added value to the daily work of YEU and Member Organisations by strengthening the bonds between members and creating more ownership and belonging to YEU in order to work together towards our networks success and sustainability.
Therefore, we are opening the calls for working groups on:
CAPACITY BUILDING with following tasks:
- Mapping the needs of YEU and its Member Organizations regarding development of organizational capacities and human resources within YEU network by conducting a survey and producing a report with specific recommendations for building organizational and individual capacities
- Supporting the implementation of safety standards in YEU events by creating requirements list for youth events with specific needs related to organization of General Assembly and YEU Convention
- Supporting development and work of the YEU Membership Committee by co-working on annual Member Organizations survey
- Communicating the needs of Member Organizations to Pool of trainers and organizers and Team of Project Developers regarding capacity building event for International Coordinators and PET support training for individual Member organizations on the spot
EDUCATION with following tasks:
- Ensuring quality of learners’ educational experience in YEU events by reviewing and supporting implementation of quality assurance indicators framework
- Proposing and defining list of standards in YEU educational approach and implementation of events
- Implementing and monitoring usage of badges as (self)assessment tools in YEU events and mobilities and developing specific guidelines
- Proposing how to ensure follow up activities of YEU events in order to strengthen the impact of YEU events on learner’s personal, socio-educational and professional development by creating specific mechanisms
- Following up the work of Education Network of European Youth Forum and work of LLL platform regarding education
GENDER with following tasks:
- Conducting a survey on gender related topics among YEU Member Organizations with aim to set the grounds for increased gender sensitivity of YEU membership by creating Pocket Dictionary on Gender
- Conducting consultations on gender perspective in youth work among YEU Member Organizations to understand practices, experiences and situation on local level
- Developing policy paper on gender perspective in youth work with recommendations for both internal and external stakeholders
- Brainstorming and/or developing a project proposal on gender perspective in youth work on local level (in close cooperation with Team of Project Developers)
YOUTH WORK with following tasks:
- Conducting consultations on innovations in youth work among YEU Member Organizations and developing policy paper with recommendations to stakeholders on local, national and European level
- Supporting YEU Youth Work campaign committee in implementation of campaign
- Supporting Pool of Representatives on youth work policies follow-up
- Re-developing project “Youth Worker as a profession” with the aim to bring expert overview of the policies concerning the recognition of youth worker as a profession (in close cooperation with Team of Project Developers)
- Following up work of Youth Work recognition Network of European Youth Forum and work of LLL Platform regarding Youth Work
HUMAN RIGHTS AND MIGRATIONS with following tasks:
- Conducting consultation on situation in local communities regarding human rights and migrations among YEU Member Organizations and developing policy paper with recommendations to stakeholders on local, national and European level
- Brainstorming and/or developing a project proposal on migrations and how to make local communities more tolerant and sensitive (in close cooperation with Team of Project Developers)
- Following up work of Migrations and Human Rights Network of European Youth Forum
The Aims and the Role of the Working Groups:
- To raise awareness of life of the network
- To get more involvement of MOs in YEU daily life
- To involve MOs in development of YEU policies and priorities during the whole year
- To develop a dialogue and shared view on specific issues
- To empower active members in the relevant areas of YEU
- To open a space for new opportunities
The working groups will involve young people from YEU MOs and interested individuals who will be involved in the implementation of the YEU Working Plan 2016 and prepare suggestions for YEU GB and General Assembly concerning strategies and/or actions in the relevant areas. The work of the Working Groups will be based on specific tasks for developing YEU positions and actions in those areas. GB will strongly rely on the recommendations of the working groups as a source for shaping recommendations and suggestions for the next Governing Board and the development of the Working Plan 2017.
Each working group will be self-facilitated, work online and supported by a GB member and representative of YEU Administrative Office (AO). A face to face meeting of the working groups cannot be guaranteed but will be considered as one of the priorities in case of budget availability and according with upcoming result of online meetings. GB will also try to allocate a budget to enable the presentation of the result of the work in main events of YEU (such as GA) and to organise face to face meetings as parts of YEU events when possible. The GB will consider being an active member of the working groups as criteria for prioritizing the participation in international related events. The mandate of the working groups will be one year.
The participation at the Working Groups is open to the members, volunteers, Board members and employees of YEU Member Organisations or other interested individuals without any age limit. There is no maximum number of participants for each working group, but a single person can only participate in one working group, so consider selecting your applicants also based on their area of interest and expertise.
Application form for YEU Working groups can be found here with deadline of February 15th 2016 23:59 CET.