CALL FOR TRAINERS For the training course Innovative YE(U)!
YEU invites you to take part in the training course “Innovative YE(U)!”
Dates: 21-28 of November 2014 (arrival day is the 21st November. Departure day is the 28th November 2014, if you will not attend the General Assembly)
Location: Bruges, Belgium
Who is involved: 36 young people
Countries: Belgium, Tunisia, Cyprus, Greece, Turkey, Portugal, Netherlands, Lithuania, Ukraine, Morocco, Poland, FYROM/Macedonia, Bosnia and Herzegovina, Moldova, Armenia, Serbia, Azerbaijan, Italy
Youth for Exchange and Understanding (YEU) is an International Non-Governmental Youth Organization established in 1986 and member of the European Youth Forum in Brussels as an INGYO. YEU looks forward to increase tolerance and awareness between different countries, cultures and traditions, and to promote a greater level of comprehension through the development of various youth activities. The main aim of YEU is to promote peace, understanding and co-operation between the young people of the world, in a spirit of respect for human rights. YEU is a non-profit making, interdenominational youth organization independent of all political affiliation, run by young people for young people by means of a democratic structure. Visit our website for more details about YEU: www.yeu-international.org
The training course “Innovative YE(U)!”
Innovation is a key factor in the work of youth organizations. Youth are constantly in change and young people are looking for new ways to learn and develop themselves. Especially under the spectrum of financial crisis in Europe, youth are threatened and remain among the vulnerable groups. Youth struggle to learn, progress and develop personally and professionally in conditions and context that change rapidly. The lack of soft skills is considered to be one of the reasons why young European youth remain out of labour market according to a recent research conducted by McKinsey. Non-formal education and youth work can provide a series of soft skills to the young people involved. However, a constant reluctance is observed in the field of youth work. Youth work lacks of addressing youth’s needs for personal and professional development, non-formal education activities are being repeated throughout the years and ideas for projects are being recycled. YEU envisions bringing innovation in youth work again in the centre of attention. Now, more than ever it is the time to have the creativity and the vision to support youth. YEU with “Innovative YE(U)!”aims being at the front of these innovations, inspire youth workers, empower them, make them dream, take chances and support youth in the context of recent changes.
The project seeks to address the issues of innovation in youth work as a means to further develop personally and professionally young people.It aims to equip youth workers with the competences to create innovative activities. Its specific objectives are;
- Share new and innovative approaches, tools, concepts and activities
- Explore different creativity techniques
- Empower participants to be innovate on a constant basis
- Develop new approaches, tools, activities and projects
- Learn how the Erasmus+ Programme can support youth activities
- Create an “innovation action plan” for every youth worker participating in the project
- Develop the online publication “Guide to innovation in youth work”
The training course will be based on non-formal education methods, encouraging active participation of young people involved. Some of the methods used will be the following:
- Ice-breakers, energisers.
- Inputs from experts
- Intercultural and experiential learning
- Variety of visuals for thematic input
- Brainstorming and discussions both in working groups and in plenary.
The working language of the training course will be English.
Profile of the Trainers
(Priority will be given to those that most closely meet this criteria and to members of the YEU PET):
- Have knowledge on topics covered by the training;
- Have a previous experience on the topics covered by this training;
- Are willing to collaborate and work for the benefit of the project;
- Are proficient users of English language;
- Members of YEU PET will have a priority.
YEU is looking for 2 senior and 1 junior trainers.
We will be hosted by the Youth Hostel “Europa” in Bruges
The hostel is 20-minute walk far from the station and the historic centre of Bruges, the 'Venice of the North'.
Youth for Exchange and Understanding will cover 100% of travel costs (cheapest way) from the resident country. The food and lodging cost will be covered by YEU. 100% of the visa costs will be reimbursed. Trainers are obliged to have receipts of the tickets, boarding passes and invoices of the credit card that was used for buying the tickets for online payments. All Trainers will be reimbursed after the event by bank transfer.
Senior trainers will be paid 150 EUR gross per day (6 working days) and junior trainers will receive 30 EUR gross per day.
Responsibilities of the Trainers
- To have regular online meetings with other trainers and the project coordinator in order to plan the Training;
- To develop the latest version of the daily programme latest 2 weeks before the Training;
- To develop the relevant session outlines latest 2 weeks before the Training;
- To be present at the Training and implement their tasks in a collective way;
- To have a daily evaluation with the project coordinator during the Training;
- To prepare a final report which needs to be submitted to the project coordinator latest 3 weeks after the Training;
- To finalize the publication and submit it to the project coordinator latest 1 month after the training
- Senior trainers need to provide support to junior trainer and work on them on development of their skills during the preparation and in the training providing them with relevant learning experience.
How to apply?
In order to apply, you just need to fill out the online application form in the link bellow. Last day to fill in the application form is 5th of September, midnight CET.
For any questions or clarification, please contact the Project Coordinator, Eleni Michail at email@example.com
All the best,
Youth for Exchange and Understanding
With the support of the Erasmus+ Programme of the European Union