Call for participants: European Youth Event & YO!Fest
YEU is taking part in the most exciting european event for young people, organized by the European Youth Forum and the European Parliament!
The European Youth Event (EYE) will take place in the European Parliament seat in Strasbourg from 20-21 May 2016. It is a unique opportunity for thousands of young Europeans to make their voices heard.
During the event, they will exchange ideas and perspectives on youth-related issues, develop innovative solutions to crucial questions for the future and meet with European decision-makers and speakers with a wide range of professional experience.
At the same time the EYE will provide an opportunity to experience the rich cultural diversity within the European Union through the staging of various artistic performances and spectacles.
As follow-up, a report with the ideas discussed during the event will be made available to all Members of the European Parliament. As well, former EYE participants will have the opportunity to present the most concrete ideas produced by young people to a number of parliamentary committees and receive feedbacks from Members.
In this context, we invite you to participate as representatives of YEU, to take active part in the event, inspire change and be inspired!
Title: European Youth Event and YO!Fest 2016
Dates: from the 19th to the 21st of May 2016 (travel days are included)
Place: Strasbourg, France
*** Organizers ***
Youth for Exchange and Understanding (YEU) is an International Non-Governmental Youth Organization established in 1986 and member of the European Youth Forum in Brussels as an INGYO. YEU looks forward to increase tolerance and awareness between different countries, cultures and traditions, and to promote a greater level of comprehension through the development of various youth activities. The main aim of YEU is to promote peace, understanding and co-operation between the young people of the world, in a spirit of respect for human rights. YEU is a non-profit making, interdenominational youth organization independent of all political affiliation, run by young people for young people by means of a democratic structure. Visit our website for more details about YEU: www.yeu-international.org
The European Youth Forum is the platform of youth organisations in Europe. Representing 99 youth organisations, both National Youth Councils and International Non-Governmental Youth Organisations, EYF believes youth organisations are the tool through which is possible to empower, encourage, involve, represent, reach out and support young people. The Youth Forum brings together tens of millions of young people from all over Europe, organised in order to represent their common interests. The Youth Forum works to empower young people to participate actively in society to improve their own lives by representing and advocating their needs and interest and those of their organisations. In the current uncertain political and social context that affects young people, they can be powerful catalysts for positive change and contributors of innovative solutions to Europe’s problems. To overcome the challenges faced by young people, the European Youth Forum has three main goals:
- Greater youth participation
- Stronger youth organisations
- Increased youth autonomy and inclusion
*** Program ***
The EYE 2016 will include a large variety of activities run under the motto "Together we can make a change" in a political, social and cultural sense.
Activities will focus on five main themes:
1. War and Peace: Perspectives for a Peaceful Planet
2. Apathy or Participation: Agenda for a Vibrant Democracy
3. Exclusion or Access: Crackdown on Youth Unemployment
4. Stagnation or Innovation: Tomorrow's World of Work
5. Collapse or Success: New Ways for a Sustainable Europe
The two-day-event will offer:
- Idea checks, political debates and workshops with European political decision-makers and high profile speakers from the business world and civil society
- Ideas labs, digital games and other special formats
- The YO!Fest (Youth Village and Festival) organised by the European Youth Forum
- In- and outdoor concerts and performances during the event
YEU will be specifically organizing some activities and workshops within this framework, in order to present the organization activities and methodologies and above all to give visibility to its latest projects.
In general the day program will be organized, both inside and outside the Parliament (in the YO!Fest village) by the EP and the Youth Forum (together with partner organizations such as YEU). The Youth Forum and the City of Strasbourg will arrange the evening program. In total150 panels and workshops (both indoor and outdoor) will take place:
o 50 panels by EP (10 per theme)
o Around 40 panels by EP partners
o Around 15 panels by European Youth Forum
o Slots for activities by YO!Fest partners AND other CSO/institutional partners
… But also games, animations and artistic performances!
Additional info on EYE2016 can be found here: http://www.europarl.europa.eu/european-youth-event/en/home.html
*** Working language ***
All the main activities and panels will be in English.
*** Finances ***
All costs related to accommodation will be covered. Travel expenses will be reimbursed as follows (as for EP rules):
4.5 cents per kilometer from your home address to the event venue (based on the most direct return road route). Group members living less than 200km from Strasbourg will not receive a travel subsidy!
PARTICIPATION FEE: 50,00€
*** Who can receive a subsidy? ***
Only EU citizen and citizens from Applicant countries (see list below) can receive a subsidy/reimbursement, except for those residing in a third country. !!! Citizens of EFTA countries (Norway, Switzerland, Liechtenstein and Iceland) are not eligible for subsidies, since these countries are considered by the EP as third countries.
As of October 2015, the following countries are identified as applicant countries and neighborhood countries:
- Applicant countries: Albania, FYRoM, Montenegro, Serbia, Turkey
- Neighbourhood countries (Eastern Europe): Armenia, Azerbaijan
Belarus, Georgia, Moldova, Ukraine
- Neighbourhood countries (Middle East & North Africa): Algeria, Egypt, Israel, Jordan, Lebanon, Libya, Morocco, Palestine, Syria, Tunisia
Criteria to select participants have already been established and refer to:
- age between 18 and 30
- active involvement in the partner organization
- readiness of applicants to be involved in self-directed learning process
- motivation to take part in the project
- level of responsibility and motivation to put in practice the gained knowledge and skills and help the organization evolve
- commitment to share their competences/experience and disseminate the results of EYE2016
Gender balance needs to be ensured. The participation of young people with fewer opportunities will be encouraged
Who can apply?
- EU member states
- Applicant countries, i.e. Albania, FYRoM, Montenegro, Serbia, Turkey
- any EU or Albania/ FYRoM/ Montenegro/ Serbia/ Turkey citizen residing or living in neighborhood countries (see list).
Call is open for all YEU Member Organizations within certain travel costs limits! Feel free to apply! If you want to know your travel costs limits, contact YEU Administrative office.