CALL FOR ORGANISER For the training course “Stop Gender Based Violence Now!”
YEU and JMB invite you to take part in the training course “Stop Gender Based Violence Now!” Before your decision, let us introduce you to the event.
Title: Stop Gender Based Violence Now!
Dates:9-16 February (arrival for the organizer 8 February 2015 and departure 16 February 2015)
Place: Kaunas or surroundings of Kaunas (Lithuania)
Who is involved?: 36 young people
Countries: Tunisia, Cyprus, Turkey, Portugal, Netherlands, Lithuania, Morocco, Ukraine, Poland, FYROM/Macedonia, Bosnia and Herzegovina, Moldova, Armenia, Serbia, Azerbaijan, Belgium, Malta, Egypt, Italy, Montenegro
Youth for Exchange and Understanding (YEU) is an International Non-Governmental Youth Organization established in 1986 and member of the European Youth Forum in Brussels as an INGYO. YEU looks forward to increase tolerance and awareness between different countries, cultures and traditions, and to promote a greater level of comprehension through the development of various youth activities. The main aim of YEU is to promote peace, understanding and co-operation between the young people of the world, in a spirit of respect for human rights. YEU is a non-profit making, interdenominational youth organization independent of all political affiliation, run by young people for young people by means of a democratic structure. Visit our website for more details about YEU:
Jaunimo mainai ir bendradarbiavimas (JMB – YEU Lithuania) is one of the national branches of IYNGO ‘Youth for Exchange and Understanding’. The Lithuanian branch started its activities in June, 1996. The objective of the organization is to promote Peace, Understanding and Cooperation among youth in the whole world. JMB organises cultural, social, civic projects for young people in Lithuania. Also works in close cooperation with international organisations and participating in their events and develop common projects. JMB stimulates mutual aid in the developed and developing countries for cultural, educational and social purposes, it encourages the exchange of ideas and opinions, and it also aims to improve the relationships among young people from countries with different political systems and religious beliefs.
The training course “Stop Gender Based Violence Now!”
Gender Based Violence (GBV) still exists in all countries of the world and has nothing to do with age, culture, socio-economic status, education level and nationality. No matter the efforts done, it remains a very serious obstacle towards gender equity and is recognized as human rights’ violation. GBV is a term which includes all kinds of discrimination or behaviour against a person because of its gender or its sexual orientation. (http://reliefweb.int) That means that when referring to GBV today, it is not about discrimination between different sexes, but discrimination and violence between different genders; men, women and LBTQI people. GBV inevitably leads to discrimination, inequity, social exclusion and fewer job opportunities. Still a lot of work needs to be done in the area. In this context, we envision a world in which men, women and LGBTQI people face no discrimination, are socially included; enjoy their rights together with the right to work. This project (which is consisted of a training course “TC” and follow-up activities) aims at developing the competences of the youth workers to work with the topic of GBV and stimulate the active participation of young people to respect, prevent and stop GBV.
The objectives of the project are:
- To share different experiences and cases of GBV between partners
- To conceptualize the difference between sex and gender and understand the causes and effects of GBV
- To work with tools that prevent and stop GBV
- To develop personal action plans that deal with GBV on local/national level
- To create a publication about activities that are related with dealing with the topic of GBV and disseminate it though the partner’s networks
The TC will lead to 2 concrete results/ follow-up activities.
1) Each participant will prepare a follow-up action plan that passes on the competences they gained to their colleagues in partner organizations. Moreover, the action plan describes the actions/workshops/activities the youth workers need to undertake in order to address the issue of GBV on local/national level.
2) The concepts, terms and definitions, activities and handouts used during the TC will be compiled into an online publication that will support other youth workers/organizations that aim to deal with the topic. This publication will be disseminated though the networks of the partners.
The training course will be based on non-formal education methods, encouraging active participation of young people involved. Some of the methods used will be the following:
- Ice-breakers, energisers.
- Inputs from experts
- Intercultural and experiential learning
- Variety of visuals for thematic input
- Brainstorming and discussions both in working groups and in plenary.
The working language of the training course will be English.
Youth for Exchange and Understanding will cover 100% of travel costs (cheapest way) from the resident country. The food and lodging cost will be covered by YEU. 100% of the visa costs will be reimbursed. Organizer is obliged to have receipts of the tickets, boarding passes and invoices of the credit card that was used for buying the tickets for online payments. The organizer will be reimbursed after the event by bank transfer.
The organizer will be paid 100 EUR gross per day (6 working days)
Responsibilities of the Organizer
- communicate with YEU project coordinator on regular basis regarding details of the Programme
- communicate with partner organizations regarding selection of participants and their attendance
- take care of all logistical issues and work closely with YEU project coordinator on details
- take care of visibility of the events/Programme together with YEU project coordinator
- take care about travel documents of participants (originals and copies) including electronic form in the template provided by YEU
How to apply?
In order to apply, you just need to fill out the online application form. Last day to fill in the application form is 15th of December, midnight CET.
For any questions or clarification, please contact the Project Coordinator, Eleni Michail at email@example.com