Call for Newsmail Editor/Journalists 2014
Youth for Exchange & Understanding (YEU) is looking for a Newsmail Editor in Chief and Journalists to be contributing on the production of the Monthly YEU online Newsletter. The persons selected, will be working on the production of the newsletter in co-operation with the YEU Administrative Office and will be under the supervision of YEU Secretary General. The positions will be voluntary.
The Newsletter Editor and Journalists will be selected by the YEU Secretary General and approved by the YEU Governing Board.
Youth for Exchange and Understanding is an international youth organization. It was founded in Strasburg, in 1986, by a group of 120 people, from 11 different countries. Today it’s a member of the European Youth Forum and carries the title of an International Non-Governmental Organization, recognized by both the Council of Europe and the European Union. 20 years, after its foundation, YEU today counts with more than 26 member and partner countries around Europe, Asia and Africa. YEU works for the benefit of all young people in Europe. More information about organization can be found at www.yeu-international.org
- Produce and arrange for the widest distribution possible of the monthly YEU online Newsletter.
PROFILE OF APPLICANTS
- Experience in writing in English.
- Knowledge of YEU, its structure, goals and priorities.
- Able to work autonomously from home location with flexible hours and when required on weekends.
- Available to start the position in immediately.
- Knowledge of youth sector and current ongoing processes in the field.
- Understanding and sensitivity to cultural differences and ability to work in an international and intercultural environment.
- Ability to be motivated and motivate others to be active and participative.
- Fluent in written and spoken English
- Excellent communication skills, empathy and tolerance.
- Computer literacy.
- Ability to respect the deadlines and be committed.
Apply here by February 5th 2014 23:59 CET.