Call for expressions of interest request for training on Quality Assurance of NFE, 2015
Application deadline: 07/07/2015 23:59 (CET)
Description of event: AIMS & OBJECTIVES: The aim of this ad-hoc training is to build the capacity of YFJ's member organizations in assuring quality of their educational projects through the Quality Assurance Framework for Non-Formal Education (NFE) developed by the European Youth Forum. The objectives of the training are:
- To introduce participants to the Quality Assurance framework developed by the Forum: its rationale, key elements and the cycle
- To equip participants with the necessary competences to implement the QA framework for NFE through the development of quality indicators and the provision of peer-review and feedback.
- To develop the organization’s awareness of the value of the QA framework for their work and its contribution to the recognition of NFE and youth work.
The specific objectives of the training will be adjusted to the needs of the organization and the participants.
PROGRAMME. The standard programme of the training covers the main elements of the Quality Assurance Framework for NFE developed by the Forum since 2008. The training will combine both theoretical and practical sessions on how to implement the framework in NFE projects/activities in youth organizations, from the initial “kick-off” phase to the final phase of peer-feedback and assessment of the quality assurance process. The specific programme of the training will be adjusted to the needs of the organization and the participants. This training does not need to be necessarily linked to a particular NFE project cycle of an organization. Yet, it is desirable that the organization has plans to implement the QA framework in one of their NFE projects to be run in the near future.
METHODOLOGY & TRAINERS. The training will be provided by selected members of the Pool of Trainers and Facilitators of the European Youth Forum who have been trained in the Quality Assurance process. The training will use participatory, interactive and hands-on methods. The Manual on the Quality Assurance Framework for NFE developed by the Forum will be used to support the training. Copies will be provided to participants. The Manual can be downloaded from the following link: http://issuu.com/yomag/docs/nfeqa_manual_single
BACKGROUND. In 2008 the European Youth Forum initiated the process of developing a framework to implement Quality Assurance (QA) in NFE projects/activities of youth organizations. The Policy Paper on "Non-Formal Education: A Framework for indicating and assuring quality" was adopted that year, and it was further consolidated in the Revised Policy Paper in 2011. Since then, a pilot phase and a series of training cycles have been organised in order to test and further improve the proposed framework within youth organizations, while starting to raise interest and build the capacity of our members to implement the QA process within their NFE projects/Activities. In the workplan 2015-2016 the European Youth Forum has reaffirmed its commitment to continue supporting the implementation of the QA process by its members and other youth organizations interested. Through the development of the Quality Assurance Framework for NFE, the Forum aims to contribute to increasing the recognition process of NFE through enhanced accountability and improved communication on the provision of quality education by youth organizations.
Theme: Quality Assurance of Non-Formal Education
Selection criteria: PROFILE OF APPLICANT ORGANIZATIONS: This training is offered to those member organizations (or members of members) of the Forum who run NFE events/projects and wish to implement or further enhance the Quality Assurance framework in their work. Joint applications by youth organizations based in the same region/country is highly encouraged. It is advisable to link the training to another meeting (national or international) that your organization may already have planned in order to maximise the impact and minimise costs. All member organizations are welcome to apply, regardless of their prior experience in the Quality Assurance process.
The applicant organization must comply with the following criteria
- Be a member organization of the European Youth Forum
- Be a provider of non-formal education activities/project
- Be interested in and have a plan to introduce and encourage the implementation of the Quality Assurance Framework for NFE within the organization
- Be able to organise the training for a group of between 6 to 24 people max
- Be able to receive the training in English (unless there are trainers available to provide the training in the requested language)
PROFILE OF TRAINING PARTICIPANTS. The requested training should be addressed to members of the organization (or members of members) who are actively involved in the design, implementation and/or evaluation of NFE events/projects in the organization, in whichever status (staff/volunteer) and capacity (eg. trainer, project coordinator, youth leader, support/volunteers, evaluator, etc). Whenever possible, organizations are encouraged to target participants from more than one country, in order to expand the scope of the training. NB: Selected member organizations are expected to be willing to join the QA of NFE Peer Group established by the Youth Forum, and nominate relevant people to serve as peers in the implementation of QA process by youth organizations during 2015-2016, when needed.
SELECTION PROCEDURE. Applications that fulfill the criteria will be reviewed on a first-come-first-served basis and be informed on the selection as soon as possible (eventually before the deadline to apply). Please note that the budget available is limited and the Forum may not be able to respond to all the expressions of interest received.
Number of participants: 20
Additional infos: OTHER INFORMATION
Date and place of the training: the training should be scheduled to take place between within 2015.
- Trainers' costs: The European Youth Forum will cover travel and per diem costs for the selected trainer/s. The organization requesting the training is kindly asked to identify ways to cover for the trainer’s accommodation and meals costs whenever possible.
- Agenda of the meeting: the agenda will be sent to participants ahead of the event.
- Language of the training: English (unless the selected trainer has other language skills suitable for the target audience of the training requested)
For any questions related to this training, you may contact Laura López-Bech at the European Youth Forum Secretariat at : email@example.com