Call for candidatures pool of trainers and facilitators(POT) of the European Youth Forum 2015-2016
Description of event: The European Youth Forum (YFJ) is currently replenishing its Pool of Trainers and Facilitators (PoT) and is therefore looking for trainers and facilitators interested in being part of a dynamic resource group ready to undertake the exciting challenge of working voluntarily in the YFJ structure.
In the PoT you will not only have a chance to cooperate with 14 other enthusiastic trainers but you will also get a chance to develop your skills and competences and contribute to the work of the European Youth Forum and its member organisations.
The Pool membership is limited to 15 members. The de facto number of members will be determined by the number of qualified candidates. Should there be any vacant places at the end of this replenishment process, the Board of the YFJ will decide on the possibility to open a new call for candidatures during its mandate for 2015-2016.
The functioning and profile of the trainers to be selected will be based on the new Work Plan adopted at the General Assembly in Cluj 2014, in order to contribute to the services we provide to our member organisations. Therefore, the preference will be given to applications by candidates who are working on the topics and policy areas of the YFJ.
The selection will also aim at having a balance in gender, nationalities, member organisations, languages, expertise and experience within the PoT. This balance will guarantee that the diversity of our membership is reflected in the PoT. The balance in expertise has been introduced to make sure that also fresher trainers may enter the PoT and get the chance to develop in this working structure. The deadline for submission is 05.05.2015
- The trainers and facilitators must be active in a youth organisation that is member of the European Youth Forum;
- The trainers should have at least 5 experiences in training at the European or international level (full time trainer);
- The trainers and facilitators should have a good knowledge of training pedagogies, methods and methodologies both online and offline;
- The trainers and facilitators must have a good knowledge of the European Youth Forum and have an overview of its strategic priorities, policies, and Work Plan, implementation plan and structures;
- The trainers and facilitators must have a good knowledge of the European and international institutions;
- The trainers and facilitators should be familiar with youth policies and youth work realities on the national, European and/or global level;
- The trainers and facilitators must have a good intercultural competences;
- The trainers and facilitators have to be able to speak and train in English. Knowledge of other languages is highly desirable.
- Experience in developing new methodologies, and incorporation and usage of innovative approaches will be considered a plus;
- The applicants should have expertise in one or more of the PoT modules: Organizational Management and Networking, Financial Management, Advocacy and Lobbying, Efficient Meetings Facilitation, Training of Trainers and Facilitators in Non Formal Learning, Human Resources Management, Volunteers Management Programmes, Project Management, Funding opportunities and Fundraising
Number of participants: 15
Additional infos: Selection procedure
The selection will be based on the profile mentioned in the document and the general quality of the application. It will also take into account a skills, languages, gender and geographical balance inside the Pool of Trainers and Facilitators.
The final selection of the members of the PoT will be made by the Board of the European Youth Forum.
IMPORTANT!: The Annual PoT Meeting will take place the last week of May, so make sure to keep this week free!!
Both the Member Organisation and the applicants themselves will be informed of the selection results as soon as possible after the deadline.
Should you have any further enquiries, please do not hesitate to contact Jo Deman, Policy Officer on Youth Work.
More information you can find here. Please note that you can apply for the position once you are registered in European Youth Forum database.