Stand up against bullying NOW! Call for trainers and organiser
YEU is opening a call the TEAM of the training course: “Stand up against bullying, NOW! which will take place in Yerevan, Armenia in the period of May 18th-25th (travel days included).
Europe has become more cosmopolitan due to constant migration within the borders of a country or from abroad for many reasons. People sometimes get false opinion of certain people or groups from unchecked media tools, and they tend to commit hate crimes or bias/hate incidents. When prejudice-motivated adults raise children, they inevitably turn into harsh bullies who cause discomfort and injury to their peers just because they belong to different ethnicity, language, race, nationality, religion, physical appearance, gender identity or sexual orientation.
From another side there are a lot of activities focusing on campaigning and raising awareness for the problem of hate and bullying, but there is not a lot of competent educators and youth workers who deal with youth who was already a victim of hate and bullying. With this project we want to address this need and build up competences for youth workers and educators to be able to provide the psychological support and empower youngsters to empower them re-integrate actively in the society.
Therefore, this problem still requires utmost importance, attention and intervention. What encouraged us to come up with another original project about bullying is that as long as the problem seems unsolved it means there is not enough research done nor any effective projects to promote anti-bullying well enough. With a more developed perspective on the matter, we hope to deploy activities and raise awareness to fight with every rampant form of bullying through our project.
The aim of the project will be to equip youth workers and educators with a set of competences to provide support and work with young people who have faced hate and bullying for their empowerment and re-integration as active stakeholders in the fight against for human rights, tolerance and understanding.
The main objectives will be:
- To provide space for youth workers and educators to share practices for working with young people who have faced stress, bullying and hate
- To explore different competences and theories for empowerment and re-integration of young people who have been targets/victims of hate and bullying
- To train educators and youth workers to take an active role in working with, and empowering young people who have been targets/victims of hate and bullying
With this we want to address the need that was explained, as youth workers and educators must take a step further in their work, through providing them psychical and mental support, and space for personal growth for the victims/targets.
The main outcome of the project will be a compendium of good practices from different levels on how to work with the victims and targets of hate and bullying, as well as short stories from young people who have experienced this directly. Beside this as a tangible outcome, there will be additionally 20 youth workers and educators with built competences and equipped with practices who could take an active role within their society and work directly with the victims/targets.
We are looking for 1 senior trainer, 1 junior trainer and 1 organiser to be part of the TEAM of this training course.
Trainers` and organizers` profile (Priority will be given to those that most closely meet these criteria and to members of the YEU PET):
• Have knowledge and experience on topics covered by the training (for trainers);
• Have significant experience in organizing international youth events (for organizers);
• Are willing to collaborate and work for the benefit of the project with respect of deadlines set by YEU
• Senior trainers need to be able and ready to mentor junior trainer
• Are proficient users of English language Responsibilities of the Organizer:
• communicate with YEU project coordinator on regular basis regarding details of the Programme
• communicate with partner organizations regarding selection of participants and their attendance
• follow closely and communicate with participants and their organizations regarding outcomes and deadlines
• take care of all logistical issues and work closely with YEU project coordinator on details
• take care of visibility of the events/Programme together with YEU project coordinator
• take care about travel documents of participants (originals and copies) including electronic form in the template provided by YEU
Responsibilities of the Trainers:
• To have regular online meetings with other trainers and the project coordinator in order to plan the trainings;
•To develop the latest version of the daily programme latest 2 weeks before the trainings;
•To develop the relevant session outlines latest 2 weeks before the trainings;
•To be present at the trainings and implement their tasks in a collective way;
•To have daily evaluation with the project coordinator during the training;
•To prepare a final report which needs to be submitted to the project coordinator latest 3 weeks after the training
•Senior trainers need to provide support to junior trainer and work on them on development of their skills during the preparation and in the training providing them with relevant learning experience.
•To develop and finalize the publication
• To closely follow up the developments within the processes be responsible for the outcomes of the programme.
Fee for senior trainer is 110 per day, gross amount. Fee for junior trainer is 30 EUR per day, gross amount. Fee for organizer is 100 EUR per day, gross amount. Number of working days is 6. Team should be available for 1 day preparation meeting prior to the activity.
If selected, all the details including YEU Golden rules, junior support, deadlines, tasks and conditions will be stated in the contract between trainers/organizer and YEU. Travel costs within travel costs limits and visa costs (if any) are covered by YEU 100%.
If interested, please apply here no later than March 4th 2018 (23:59 CET). Selection results will be communicated to applicants, no later than March 9th 2018.
This training course is supported by European Youth Foundation.