Needs assesment - survey on social cohesion in 16 countries
YEU- International runs a one year project called: Exercising our rights - Developing new tools in upport of Social Cohesion.
The project is focused on innovations in non-formal education regarding social cohesion as a thematic area.
The main objectives of the project are:
- To develop new tools/activities by using non-formal education as methodology in order to support young people’s understanding of social cohesion processes, in the creation of a society of equal opportunities, better understanding of different generations of human rights and struggle against discrimination based on personal characteristics;
- To motivate youth activists to develop and implement local actions, which would serve as examples of good practices;
- To ensure the transfer of innovations from European to national/local level and vice-versa by assuring the quality of the non-formal education provided.
In order to understand community’s needs, a needs assessment survey will be conducted in 16 countries across Europe : Norway, Montenegro, Croatia, Bulgaria, Serbia, FYROM/Macedonia, Bosnia and Herzegovina, Portugal, Latvia, Lithuania, Albania, Morroco, Republic of Moldova, Armenia, Poland, Cyprus.
The questions are grouped in four thematic domains :
- Social cohesion concept ( social capital, social inclusion and social mobility) - perceptions & values
- Human rights ( with special emphasis on social rights, intercultural dialogue) - awareness
- Non-formal education (NFE) (experiences, benefits, new skills) - self reported experience, perceived benefits, NFE outcomes
- Youth -country's profile
Your opinion is extremely valuable to us, so please take 20 minutes of you time and answer to the questions in the link HERE.
Deadline for filling in the form is April 5th 2014. The project is supported by European Youth Foundation of Council of Europe.