Call for YEU Working Groups 2019
YEU International is glad to announce a call for its Working Group (WG) members.
If you are interested in Youth Work/World, want to engage in specific topics on an international level, want to influence what YEU International will work on in the next years and if you want to work on edge-cutting topics and develop yourself in a proactive and supporting environment, then this is your chance to become active in YEU!
YEU Governing Board (GB) strongly believes in the importance of your participation for bringing the added value to the daily work of YEU and Member Organisations by strengthening bonds between members and creating more ownership and belonging to YEU in order to work together towards our network success and sustainability.
There is no need to be an expert on a specific topic, but you should feel able and willing to participate in the WG. We welcome all new members who will help us developing and fulfilling our activities, shaping our strategic plan and adapt it to your needs, your priorities, and your initiatives.
Therefore, we are opening the call for 5 working groups based on YEU Strategic Priorities 2019.
The working group is a space for innovation, sharing ideas and networking which will gather young people from YEU Member Organisation and other interested individuals. The working groups will have the role to support the implementation of YEU annual plan 2019 and develop YEU Strategic priorities for 2020-2022 with objectives, results, and deliverables based on the decision of YEU General Assembly 2018.
The participation at the Working Groups is open to the members, volunteers, Board members and employees of YEU Member Organisations or other interested individuals without any age limit. There is no maximum number of participants for each working group, but a single person can only participate in one working group, so choose wisely. Nevertheless, you can apply for more than one working group but will be selected only for one. The mandate of the working groups will be one year.
Each working group will be self-facilitated, work online and supported by a Governing Board member and representative of
Tasks and Responsibilities of each Working Group:
Education Working Group
* Promoting and implementing disadvantaged and less represented young people’s equal access to high quality non-formal education and
* Promoting validation and recognition of non-formal and informal learning for young people through youth organizations
* Supporting young people’s transition between education and training and the labor market through holistic approach and competences development
* Supporting young people achieve their full potential on a personal, social and professional level through quality youth work
* Work on the development of quality blended learning and e-learning through the integration of NFE into the online space with the aim of increasing opportunities for disadvantaged young people
* Working towards professionalization of quality youth work on the International level, and local/national levels through our member organizations
Social Cohesion Working Group:
* Continuously working and promoting human rights education and education for democratic citizenship among young people as the basic principles and values of our societies
* Combating all forms of discrimination and stigmatization of “others” in societies
* Promoting solidarity among young people through volunteering for the benefit of communities while acquiring useful experience, skills, and competencies
* Supporting conflict resolution and peacebuilding initiatives among young people coming from (post)conflict regions
* Empowering young people to actively participate in decision-making processes and youth policy development on local, national and international levels
* Mainstreaming gender equality in all aspects of YEU work and society in general
* Combating online discrimination, cyber-bullying, hate speech through YEU involvement in Internet Governance related issues by enhancing critical thinking and media literacy
* Ensuring sustainable lifestyles and promoting the well-being of young people, especially with a focus on the mental health of young people
Capacity building of the Network Working Group:
* Supporting capacity building and development of Member Organisations to work on youth-related issues in order to ensure the highest possible outreach to young people and strong impact on local, national and international levels
* Increasing the impact and multiplying effects by strengthening Network’s capacity and enhancing the cooperation within the network in order to ensure diversification of funding, knowledge transfer and good governance within the network;
* Focusing on relevant EU/COE/global work on youth-related issues in order to make the information more accessible and understandable for Member Organizations and provide more opportunities for active participation and representation of values and positions of YEU;
* Supporting the development of human capital especially young leaders within YEU Network by providing various educational, training and volunteering opportunities for personal, socio-educational and professional development
* Stimulating constant network growth through the engagement of new member organizations, possibly focusing on topics not yet prioritized by the current members, such as migrants, LGBTQI+, gender, disabilities, in order to increase the diversity of the network
Fundraising and Partnership Working Group:
* Revisiting and updating YEU Fundraising Strategy
* Exploring opportunities for various sources of funding and decreasing dependence of YEU from EU/COE funds
* Enhancing and strengthening cooperation with the existing partners and engage in strategic partnerships and policy reform processes in line with YEU values with potential new partners and relevant stakeholders
* Strengthening and developing institutional relations with valuable institutional partners (decision makers/shapers) in the field of youth: European Union, Council of Europe and United Nations;
* Increasing YEU involvement in creating, monitoring and advocating for the youth-related policies in European and global context
Financial Monitoring Working Group:
* Supporting the YEU office in financial management in cooperation with GB;
* Being responsible to check budgets and process financial requests, in liaison with the Treasurer
* Encouraging research in financial management (new techniques, methodologies, empirical studies, software, etc.)
* Develop a sustainable and accessible financial monitoring system for easy access to financial information for all MO’s
* Cooperating and exchanging information and experience on financial management with other Organisations throughout Europe
If you are interested and you want to take the challenge, then take the lead and join one of our Working Groups! Application form for YEU Working groups can be found here with the deadline of April