CALL FOR TRAINERS for the Training Course: OPEN CAMPUS Getting online for advocacy
It is time to invite you to be trainers in the training course “Getting online for advocacy” which is part of the long term project “OPEN CAMPUS”. Before you make your decision, let us introduce you the event. Are you ready to get online for advocacy?
Dates: 1-7/04/2014 (arrival day is expected to be the 30th March and departure day the 8th of April)
Place: Warsaw, Poland
Title of the overall project: OPEN CAMPUS – Online platform for e-learning and networking for cooperation and advocacy on marginalization and providing understanding of social inclusion
Title of the current sub-actions: Training Course: Getting online for advocacy
Organizer: YEU International
Hosting organization: CIM Horyzonty
Youth for Exchange and Understanding (YEU) is an international Non-Governmental Youth Organisation established in 1986 and member of the European Youth Forum in Brussels and considered by the CoE and the EU as a European level non-governmental organisation. YEU looks forward to increase tolerance and awareness between different countries, cultures and traditions, and to promote a greater level of comprehension through the development of youth activities such as; youth exchanges, seminars, conventions, meetings, study visits, training courses, development of educative manuals. The main aim of YEU is to promote peace, understanding and co-operation between the young people of the world, in a spirit of respect for human rights.
Visit our website for more details about YEU: www.yeu-international.org
CIM Horyzonty is youth organization, member of the international network called Youth for Exchange and Understanding. Similarity to YEU International Horyzonty aim at promoting intercultural understanding and cooperation through local and international projects involving youngsters from different cultural and social backgrounds. We also aim at promoting voluntary work and youth participation. The main activities are youth exchanges, long-term educational projects and training courses.
Visit the webiste for mote details about CIM Horyzonty: www.cim-horyzonty.org
Main idea of the long term project “OPEN CAMPUS”
The current call corresponds to one sub-action of the project OPEN CAMPUS – Online platform for e-learning and networking for cooperation and advocacy on marginalization and providing understanding of social inclusion. The project aims at:
- Raising awareness on social inclusion among young people and develop their competences of those willing to work on social inclusion and marginalization
- To increase participation of young people for advocacy on social rights for equal opportunities and inclusion
- To provide knowledge and skills for young people on advocacy and policy making
- To increase the involvement of non-organized youth and youth with different backgrounds by using new media and social networking
- To provide a space for young people to express themselves and reflect their ideas, opinions, experiences particularly on social inclusion and social rights
Aim of the project is:
- to create an online platform which will be learning and networking space for NGOs and young people in order to increase the exchange of knowledge and best practices that will result in higher quality of youth work
- to produce and disseminate a manual on how to use media and social networking in youth work for advocacy purposes and will include guidelines and best practises when working with marginalized groups of young people
- to create an OPEN network that will gather together interested stakeholders, specially youth and civil organizations interested in advocacy on marginalization and inclusion matters.
Training Course – Getting online for advocacy
This training course aims to develop competences of network of partners, their youth workers and youth press members to explore more about policy and advocacy. Participants will discover on creation of strong campaigns, innovative multimedia tools for communication strategies in campaigns, cooperation and networking with other NGOs on policy making processes.
Furthermore, participants will draft a policy paper and create a strategic action plan for the next phase of the project in order to create a powerful campaign and advocacy tools and develop the capacity of network to involve new partners in the online community. So that, the effect will be multiplied and active participation of different youth groups and other interested partners will be ensured.
The policy paper will be discussed in European Youth Event in Strasbourg (May 08th-11th 2014) with experts and policy makers.
The training will be based on non-formal education methods, encouraging active participation of young people involved, giving space for participants to take an active role, express themselves and share good practices.
- Ice-breakers, energisers.
- Inputs from experts
- Simulations, role plays
- Intercultural and experiential learning
- Variety of visuals for thematic input
- Brainstorming and discussions both in working groups and in plenary.
The working language of the training course will be English.
Accommodation, travel and finances
YEU International will cover all costs related to accommodation, and 100% of travel costs (cheapest way) from the resident country. 100% of visa costs will be reimbursed. Trainers will be reimbursed after the training course by bank transfer.
The trainers are obliged to
- have receipts of the flight tickets, flight invoices, boarding passes, visa costs, bus tickets or any other tickets and invoices they will use from their residence to the venue and back.
- fill in their final reimbursement form both on paper and electronically (adding ALL needed information; invoice numbers, costs, travel description etc)
- scan all their return documents immediately as they arrive home
- email the scans to the project coordinator
- post all original documents to the office in Brussels (YEU, Avenue du Suffrage Universel 49, 1030 Brussels, Belgium)
Profile of the trainers
(priority will be given to those that most closely meet this criteria and to members of the YEU PET):
We are looking for 2 senior and 1 junior trainers who:
- Have knowledge on advocacy, policy making and multimedia
- Have a previous experience on the topics covered by this training course;
- Have experience in drafting of policy papers
- Are willing to collaborate and work for the benefit of the project
- Are proficient users of English language
- Members of YEU PET will have a priority
Responsibilities of the trainers
- To have regular online meetings with other trainers and project coordinator in order to plan the training course
- To develop the latest version of the daily programme latest 2 weeks before the training
- To develop the relevant session outlines latest 2 weeks before the training
- To be present at the training and implement their tasks in a collective and supportive way
- Senior trainers must provide learning experience for a junior trainer and work on his/her skills developement
- To have a daily evaluation with the project coordinator/organizer during the training
- To support development of the policy paper and its finalization during and after the training
- To prepare a final report which needs to be submitted to the project coordinator latest 3 weeks after the training
- To respect the conditions stated in the contract between YEU and selected trainers
Senior trainers will be paid 150 euros gross per day, for 7 working days. Junior trainer will be paid 30 euros gross per day, for 7 working days.
How will the selection be carried out?
In order to apply candidates must submit the online application form which you can find here.
Applications to be submitted latest February 15th 2014, midnight.
All candidates will be informed about selection results.