CALL FOR TRAINERS for the Training Course: Building the grounds – Step One towards a better world!
It is time to invite you to become trainers in the training course “Building the grounds – Step One towards a better world!” which is part of the long term work-plan “Exercising our rights! - developing new tools in support of social cohesion”. Before you make your decision, let us introduce you the event.
Dates: 21-27/04/2014 (arrival day for the organizer is expected to be the 19th April and departure day the 28th of April)
Title: Building the grounds – Step One towards a better world!
Dates: 21st-27th of April 2014 (arrival: 20th and departure: 28th)
Place: Brussels or surroundings, Belgium
Who is involved: 30 young people: 15 trainers, 15 organizers.
Eligible Countries: All countries members of Council of Europe
Youth for Exchange and Understanding (YEU) is an international Non-Governmental Youth Organisation established in 1986 and member of the European Youth Forum in Brussels and considered by the CoE and the EU as a European level non-governmental organisation. YEU looks forward to increase tolerance and awareness between different countries, cultures and traditions, and to promote a greater level of comprehension through the development of youth activities such as; youth exchanges, seminars, conventions, meetings, study visits, training courses, development of educative manuals. The main aim of YEU is to promote peace, understanding and co-operation between the young people of the world, in a spirit of respect for human rights.
Visit our website for more details about YEU: www.yeu-international.org
Main idea of the long term project “Exercising our rights! - developing new tools in support of social cohesion”
The current call corresponds to one sub-action of the long-term work-plan “Exercising our rights! - developing new tools in support of social cohesion”. Focus of this work-plan is to develop new methodologies and to strengthen the capacities of youth activists who want to support processes of social cohesion. This will happen in different levels by involving youth in different types of activities: “needs assessments”, international training courses and local actions. While YEU has dedicated the year 2014 as the Year of Innovations, the intention of this work-plan is to focus on innovations in NFE(Non Formal Education) regarding social cohesion as a phenomenon which increases rapidly due to economic crisis. The work-plan envisages tooffer the compilation of new tools and best practices to other organizations as well. Tools developed will be for offline and/or online use. The objectives of the project:
- To develop new tools/activities by using non-formal education as methodology in order to support young people’s understanding of social cohesion processes in creation of society of equal opportunities, better understanding of different generations of human rights and struggle against discrimination based on personal characteristics;
- To motivate youth activists to develop and implement local actions which would serve as examples of good practices
- To ensure transfer of innovations from European to national/local level and vice-versa by assuring quality of non-formal education provided
Training Course – Building the grounds – Step One towards a better world!
The training course “Building the grounds – Step One towards a better world!” will gather 30 youth from 15 countries. There will be 15 spots for trainers (or those that wish to become ones) and 15 for organizers (or those that wish to become ones). There will be a trainer and an organizer per country. Participants need to compile a “needs assessment in their country” before coming to the training course, by disseminating a questionnaire. Questions will be related to following issues: social cohesion (solidarity, equal opportunities), human rights with special emphasis on social rights, intercultural dialogue (relations with/towards vulnerable groups) and non-formal education (experiences, benefits, new skills). The questionnaire will provide series of statements to which participants will be able to agree or disagree. In each country, goal will be to have minimum100 responses. Participants will be also responsible for development of new tools and activities later in the project. This training course will set the context and mutual understanding of terminology and understanding of situation related to topics.
The objectives of the training course are:
- To reach mutual understanding about the concept of social cohesion and terminology used
- To increase participants’ knowledge on the topics: human rights, social cohesion, social inclusion and concept of equal opportunities
- To stimulate inter-cultural learning among participants
- To stimulate active participation of vulnerable groups in local communities
The training course will be based on non-formal education methods, encouraging active participation of young people involved, giving space for participants to take an active role, express themselves and share good practices.
The training course may include;
- Ice-breakers, energisers.
- Inputs from experts
- Simulations, role plays
- Intercultural and experiential learning
- Brainstorming and discussions both in working groups and in plenary.
The working language of the training course will be English.
Accommodation, travel and finances
YEU International will cover all costs related to accommodation, and 100% of travel costs (cheapest way) from the resident country. 100% of visa costs will be reimbursed. Trainers will be reimbursed after the training course by bank transfer.
The trainers are obliged to
- have receipts of the flight tickets, flight invoices, boarding passes, visa costs, bus tickets or any other tickets and invoices they will use from their residence to the venue and back.
- fill in their final reimbursement form both on paper and electronically (adding ALL needed information; invoice numbers, costs, travel description etc)
- scan all their return documents immediately as they arrive home
- email the scans to the project coordinator
- post all original documents to the office in Brussels (YEU, Avenue du Suffrage Universel 49, 1030 Brussels, Belgium)
Profile of the trainers
(Priority will be given to those that most closely meet these criteria and to members of the YEU PET):
We are looking for 2 senior and 1 junior trainers who:
- Have knowledge on NFE, training trainers and organizers
- Have a previous experience on the topics covered by this training course;
- Are interested in innovation and creativity in youth work
- Are willing to collaborate and work for the benefit of the project
- Are proficient users of English language
Responsibilities of the trainers
- To have regular online meetings with other trainers and project coordinator in order to plan the training course
- To develop the latest version of the daily programme latest 2 weeks before the training
- To develop the relevant session outlines latest 2 weeks before the training
- To be present at the training and implement their tasks in a collective and supportive way
- Senior trainers must provide learning experience for a junior trainer and work on his/her skills developement
- To have a daily evaluation with the project coordinator/organizer during the training
- To prepare a final report which needs to be submitted to the project coordinator latest 3 weeks after the training
- To respect the conditions stated in the contract between YEU and selected trainers
Senior trainers will be paid 150 euros gross per day, for 7 working days. Junior trainer will be paid 30 euros gross per day, for 7 working days.
How will the selection be carried out?
In order to apply candidates must submit the online application form which you can find here
Applications to be submitted latest February 15th 2014
All candidates will be informed about selection results.
If you have further questions, don’t hesitate to contact us: Tamara@yeu-international.org